3.15.2011

Review: Eyelash Perm at Let's Face It

My friends make fun of me for always dressing up my lashes. If I go a full day without makeup, I will not feel good unless I've applied some mascara, or at the very least curled my lashes. I have fleshy lids, eye circles AND bags, as well as lashes that are medium length and relatively thick BUT point down so you can't even see them!

Sooo. This year, I decided to have an eyelash perm for my birthday! I decided it would take me a lot less time to get ready in the morning, as well as not make me worry about my lashes getting wet and going stick-straight in the rain or while swimming. For this procedure, I went to the Katipunan branch of Let's Face It.


This is how I look without anything on my lashes (no curl/mascara)


The procedure started with me signing a disclaimer of sorts, removing liability from LFI in case of bad results. WHAT??? Hahaha I got a bit nervous but decided to go for it.

First thing they told me was that I had to be able to keep my eyes closed for at least an hour, because the procedure depends on the proper shaping of each lash.

Then they got the "rods" that would be used to shape the curl of my lashes. Thinner rods are great for short, straight lashes, as they give the most obvious (tighter) curl. Thicker rods are for those with longer lashes, as they provide a curl that is more appropriate for the natural length. I requested for the largest size, because I only wanted enough lift for a natural-looking curl, not the always-surprised look haha.

I lay down on the bed (like the ones for a facial) and the woman prepped my eyelids. The shaping rod was placed against my upper eyelid, near my lashline, and a glue was used to stick my lashes to the underside of the rod, giving them the curl shape.

Let me tell you, that process was the only uncomfortable part of the process, because the attendant has to precisely stick EACH LASH to the rod perfectly aligned (not crisscrossed hahaha). Some people might be bothered by the tugging at the lashes. I wasn't really.



When the glue had dried, (you can listen to music or take a nap--I did!) the attendant put the perming chemicals on my eyes. It didn't sting or anything, I was paying more attention to how tight my lashes were pulled to the rod than if the chemical hurt or not. I kept my eyes shut tight throughout the whole ordeal, which lasted about an hour.


When it was all done, my eyes were cleaned up (there will always be bits of glue gunk left until you wash it off). I was told not to wet or touch them for at least 24 hours for it to set. I was also told this would last about two months.

This is how lashes looked right after:


THE VERDICT:

I loved it!!!

PROS
-I don't have to curl my lashes anymore!!!!
-Putting on mascara helps keep the curl more, and I love putting on mascara, so yey! (Sometimes I put a clear mascara)
-the larger rod (my choice) fit my lashes perfectly, so the curl looks natural
-280 PHP for two months... sounds okay.


CONS
-the tugging at the lashes was a bit uncomfortable
-one hour of keeping eyes closed is hard, unless you're sleeping
-if the attendant isn't careful, some teeny lashes might not be shaped nicely (i had a few ones on one eye, check out the pics!)
This eye had no "bad" lashes.
The inner lashes of this eye were kinda weird.. But it wasn't noticeable so I was fine

This really really really made me happy. I took off a good ten minutes of drying my lashes/curling/putting mascara. My eyes don't look too sleepy anymore even when I don't have mascara. Now usually I only need to wake up, wash and moisturize my face, and put a coat of mascara, to look and feel "made up".

It's been about a month and a half already, and my lashes have shown just a little drop on the curl, so hopefully they can reach more than 2 months! :D For lazy girls or those who don't have enough time to tend to their lashes but want them nice and fuller looking, I'd recommend LFI's eyelash perm :)

2 comments: