4.05.2011

Shoot: Ginger w/ Photographer Joel Lirio

My friend Kriska asked me to do makeup for her clothing business' photoshoot, and I accepted even though it was far from where I lived! Their brand, Ginger (Sunking), is composed of mostly vintage-type, colorful, funky and flowy pieces, as well as wonderfully crisp and original jackets for men.

 According to their Facebook site:

"Ginger advocates environmental sustainability in terms of reusing rather than throwing things away. Ginger introduces vintage clothes of low Carbon Footprint: less demanding of world resources.
Ginger is launching a collection of vintage clothes which we personally handpicked and restyled.
Ginger is an advocate of the environment. Our thrust is summarized in 5Rs Restitch, Remake, Revive, Recycle, Restyle"


So, on the day of the shoot, my super awesome boyfriend tagged along (and helped so much by driving me to the venue :D), and even ended up modelling as well, although I wasn't able to put makeup on him haha!

On set was photographer Joel Lirio, who was very fun to work with because of his love of taking pictures of models standing on the ledge of the 12th floor!

Female models were Paula, Gizelle and Patty, and male models were Miko and Darrell, all of whom were very easy to work with, fun to talk with and interesting to watch as they posed for the camera.

Makeup for Paula was sheer color with a slightly fashionable edge, to match the neat and structured pieces she had to wear, so I used a blue and purple light smokey eye on her (which showed very lightly on the pictures, which is what Joel wanted). Patty's chosen outfits channeled a summer goddess look, so I used a matte gold on her lids, with minimal eyeliner, and groomed her brows to give her an understated but still polished "easy" look. Gizelle wore maxi dresses, so I decided to give her a blue-based lid with a much heavier liner on the upper lid, to make her small eyes pop. Miko' makeup was of course, supposed to be natural, so I just evened out his skintone and used bronzer to warm up his face. All of their foundation was light, applied only where needed (which is what I prefer, as opposed to heavy caked-on foundation).
Photo courtesy of Joel Lirio

Photo courtesy of Joel Lirio

Photo courtesy of Joel Lirio
Photo courtesy of Joel Lirio

1 comment:

  1. wow I-ann! goodjob with the make up, thanks for explaining everything step by step. it really helped allot! now i can do it on my own!

    Awesome site! hope u do more reviews

    -Zorro

    ReplyDelete