7.08.2011

Bellyfest 2011 - Show/Stage Makeup!

I just very recently started using a new product and it instantly became my Holy Grail for long-lasting makeup. What else could it be but...

Silicone-based Primer!!! (will do a review soon..)

On June 25, 2011, Peak Performance Dance + Fitness held the 5th annual Bellydance Festival in the Philippines, aka Bellyfest 2011. I am currently part of a performing bellydance organization (UP Indak Oryantal), and we had so much fun as part of the performances that night :)


Pictures are from various Facebook albums (will credit them when I have the time, heehee).

My makeup was inspired by Babydoll's makeup in the movie Sucker Punch. (I'm the one in Salmon Pink! :D) And yes, makeup was thicker than normal (and notice that I have slight reverse-raccoon eyes because I had to negate a previous all-nighter, hahaha. Of course it looked normal onstage :D)



Of course, stage makeup needed to be oil-proof and sweat-proof. I road-tested my primer with everyone in the group, and truth be told, it WORKED. Despite the amounts of perspiration we accumulated throughout the performance, our skin stayed smooth and dewy the entire night. And what a night it was! Can't wait for next year :)


Right after makeup application (my face base is still light haha!):

After the performance:


4 comments:

  1. Galeeeeng!ü Jill should hire u for the next Bellyfest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Galeeeeng!ü Jill should hire u for the next Bellyfest

    ReplyDelete
  3. ARe you wearing contacts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I am :) They have a brown outer ring (not black) which I chose so they match my eyes more in natural light.

    ReplyDelete