8.10.2011

My Updated Regimen

I've gone through so many different "styles" of cleansing and treating and maintaining my skin (which historically has been REALLY REALLY REALL BAD. Bad enough to have it in All Caps!)

From experience, the simpler regimens have yielded better results for me. I used to try those typical anti-acne products that seem to jump off the shelves when they come out (serums, gels, essence, spot treatments, etc). Even if a certain product worked for a bit, I'd still revert to my not-so-good skin.

So here is a shortlist of the more effective regimens I've tried, in numerical order based on when I use them :)

The simplest by far is my Celeteque Regimen. I call this my "Maintenance Regimen" because all of it is hypoallergenic and meant to keep skin as natural as possible. This means no active ingredients and no whitening or anti-acne medication. This alleviated my worst breakout in 2008, as it sort of reset my skin. I use this when my face breaks out in a sun rash or when it is really hot outside.

  1. Celeteque Facial Wash (alternated with Celeteque Scrub)
  2. Celeteque Oil Control Toner
  3. Celeteque Water-based Moisturizer

The step up from this regimen includes an addition to the regimen. Instead of the Moisturizer, I used Garnier Light Complete, which has just enough UV shields for a quick trip outdoors. This is a slightly active anti-acne treatment as well as whitening.

The next one is my Crazy Active Ingredient Anti-Acne Regimen. I only use this on emergency days  (because I've tried the products a while back and know they work well in this regimen).
  1. Garnier Anti-Imperfection Scrub Wash
  2. (Optional) St. Yves Apricot Scrub
  3. Garnier Pure Astringent OR YSA Botanica Acne Lotion (toner)
  4. YSA Botanica Erythromycin solution
  5. (Optional) Garnier Light Complete

There are days when I use toner and when I don't. My current regimen has toner as an option, and only at night.

Current Regimen
  1. Celeteque Cleansing Oil (as makeup remover)
  2. Garnier Brightening Scrub Wash
  3. Toner (only at night)
  4. Garnier Light Complete OR SK-II UV Lotion OR Celeteque Moisturizer
The moisturizer  choice depends on the weather, because it's so damn dynamic in Manila recently haha.

So there you have it. Just thought of sharing :D

1 comment: